At Spartan, we are all about saving you money and making sure your plumbing is working at peak performance. That is why we have created an article this week with ways that you can unclog your drain now! Follow these simple tips to make sure that your properties drain never become clogged again. Always remember if you have any further questions or need help with plumbing call us at Spartan now!
- Plunger – One of the easiest tried and true methods for removing a clog is a plunger. Plungers are great for easy clogs and objects stuck in the p-trap (curved pipe) beneath the sink.
- Long Hook or Wire – This method can be the next step is trying to dislodge your clog in your drains. The one thing you want to be careful of when doing this method is to not puncture your pipes or plumbing. Often people will press to hard to force the wire right through the pipe so be careful when using this method.
- Caustic Soda – Another way to clean your drain well is be using caustic soda. Make sure that you use eye protecting and rubber gloves when using it. Sodium Hydroxide is another name for caustic soda and if you’re not careful it can burn the skin
- Boiling Water – If you have a hard to get clog you can try and dump down boiling water to remove the clog. Be careful doing this if you live in colder weather because the fast temperature change from cold to hot could cause your pipes to burst.
- Call A Professional – If you are still not able to remove the clog it might be a good idea to call a professional like Spartan to come help. Clogs and be serious problems and cost people thousands of dollars so make sure you are being proactive with your plumbing.
Don’t miss all the deals and news Spartan has to offer follow our social media pages!