Keep Your Home in Top-Notch Conditions!
If you’re in the process of buying a home, you want to know that everything is working as it should. Things like cracked windows or pealing pain can be visibly seen. Plumbing issues, on the other hand, cannot always be seen quite so easily. Having a plumbing inspection before you buy your home is a good idea for several reasons. Here are some of the major issues to look for in a plumbing inspection.
• Leaking faucets – This may be a simple issue of needing a seal, or it could be an indication of something bigger going on in your sink.
• Odors coming from drain – This may just be the result of throwing greasy food down the drain. It can also the one of the first signs of your plumbing pipes being plugged.
• Sinks or pipes leaking from below – This type of a leak is generally a little more troublesome than the leaky faucet, but it still needs to be dealt with. It’s much better to have the seller fix the problem than you having to deal with it immediately after buying the house.
• Toilets not flushing properly – When your toilet doesn’t flush properly, it could be nothing more than a little plug from the wrong thing being flushed down the toilet. However, it can also be an indication of a problem further down the pipes or even in the septic system.
• Septic system – Sometimes when there is a plumbing issue going on, it’s outside the home in the septic system rather than in the pipes. These types of repairs are generally expensive because they involve hiring plumbing contractors and excavators to get the job done.
An experienced plumber with training in home plumbing inspections is going to know what to look for and be able to give you an honest and fairly accurate assessment of what needs to be done. You don’t want to buy a home with the belief everything is good inside only to discover after that purchase that you have a huge plumbing issue that needs to be taken care of immediately.
Let’s face it, plumbing is an important part of our home and not something we want to do without. Get that plumbing inspection. It’s an expenses that’s more than worth the cost. If there is a problem, you can get it taken care before you move in or possibly by the seller.
Are you a new home owner looking to have your property inspected? Call Spartan Plumbing at 520-617-1000 today for top-notch services in the Tucson area.