At Spartan, we are all about saving you money and making sure your plumbing, heating, & cooling is working at peak performance. That is why we have created a blog on how to Save Money On Heating/Cooling! Check out these simple tips outline by Spartan and use them to save money this year! If you have any other problems or questions, contact Spartan now!
- Leave it at 78 degrees – 78 degrees is a good medium point for AC units, and most run at optimal energy performance at this temperature setting. It’s almost like a cruise control for cars think about how much gas you save using cruise control compared to driving normally.
- Close unwanted vents – There are always some rooms within the home that don’t require the same airflow, or cooling as others. It can be beneficial to close these vents so that areas that you do want cooled have better air flow.
- Use Portable Units- If you don’t want to have to cool the entire home every time you turn on your AC using portable AC units will help you save money. Using these units in a single room that’s hot is better than paying for the entire home to be cooled, and will save you money on your energy bill.
- Turn off lights – Having on more lights than you need can also contribute to an increased energy bill. One tip is turn off lights that are not needed this will make it easier on your AC to cool, and also loose less energy for lights.
- Move objects blocking air ducts- Make sure you don’t have anything obstructing your air vents this will make it much harder for your AC to cool your home, which in turn will cost you more.
- Fans are great- AC are great but using some fans in conjunction with a good fan can be perfect for staying cool and saving energy.
- Lower AC at Night – At night it is always cooler than during day so make sure that you turn your air conditioner down once its night, so that it’s not running as much as it would have.
Don’t hesitate to contact Spartan today If you or someone you know is dealing with plumbing, heating, & cooling problems in the greater Tucson area. Let one of our dedicated team members come out to your residence and handle all your problems for you! At Spartan Plumbing we are dedicated to serving you with the highest quality service. Contact us at Spartan today and stop worrying about those plumbing problems now!
Don’t miss all the deals and news Spartan has to offer follow our social media pages!